All posts on this website are for education, information, communication, and recreation. They do not comprise advice. Posts and any legal implications are the responsibilities of their authors, not of the INF website, its affiliates or owner. Members are not expected to defame anyone, and when discussing topics or other matter they feel may be defamatory are expected to treat this website as a neutral forum and not implicate anyone here in any possible legal actions. Thus, authors own their opinions.
By registering your INF membership on this website and/or by participating in the conversations, you affirm that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older. You also affirm that you are capable of and will demonstrate a high sense of responsibility while participating in conversations on this website. You also affirm and agree to bear responsibility for and ownership of your actions and written/expressed thoughts and opinions.
The rules below are intended to ensure quality and cordiality in the debates and conversations on this website. By participating in the conversations, you hereby acknowledge that you have reviewed and agree with the rules.
The moderator reserves the right to sanction or proscribe any subscriber who flouts the rules.
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, materials are strictly prohibited at this website, no matter the circumstance. Do not post anything that you would not want someone else to see or that you would not want anyone to know it came from you.
- Refrain from initiating or threatening a law suit on any other forum member including the Moderator, no matter the circumstance.
- Refrain from taking any action or threat that may bring about physical injury to another member or the moderator on account of exchanges on the forum.
- To maintain decorum on the forum and establish one-point leadership, the Moderator’s judgment or discipline on an erring member as prescribed shall not be openly debated so as not to turn it to a circus: if you do the crime, you serve the term. Those who flaunt this shall pay the same sanctions as the original culprit.
- The Ijaw Nation Forum is not a cultural society. Rather, as members we represent a culture. Do not post outright lies or incite others in a fashion that is inimical to the atmosphere of the forum; the consequences for publishing fabrications are entirely those of the author.
- You must appropriately categorize your post(s) intended for Ijaws only to ensure delivery to the “Members-Only Section”. Whenever you are in doubt about the how-to of post category, ask questions of the Moderator.
- Strategic Issues discussed in the forum shall remain in the forum. Do not publish those via other “open” media, e.g., Facebook, etc.
- Do not post material on behalf of a banned or sanctioned member; you are responsible for the contents of your posts.
1. State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line of your blog or post. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your post and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
2. Always sign off your name or initials at the end of your posts. There shall be no allowance for a double subscription to the site.
3. Do not interrupt an on-going discussion thread with an unrelated topic. Start a new topic afresh.
4. Read the timeline of the topic, if it is old, take time to read the entire thread to enable you make your input in an informed manner.
5. If you are posting a link, be sure to include a title as well as a one-liner or short brief about the subject of the link.
6. Endeavor to verify facts as best as you can before forwarding certain information. Be aware that the broadcast of incorrect information may be injurious to others.
7. Respect may be reciprocal, when it comes to age, by our culture we must be willing to take a deferred approach since we all will get there and be ready to receive that which was deferred.